If you are seeking a COVID leave we are encouraging members to have a physician fill out the Attending Physician’s Statement and submit to the District as soon as possible.
Click to download the following:
Attending Physician’s Statement Form (must be filled out by a physician)
COVID Leave Overview (this is the most up to date overview, as everyone is awaiting to see if there will be a new stimulus bill to continue some of these options.)
Accommodations and Leaves of Absence
- What dates should we put on the form, if aren’t sure? Use the projected date of return to in-person; ending either on an individually selected date or June 30,2021.
- Can we withdraw the form/request if we aren’t required to be in-person? You can place it on hold until it is needed. An email to Benefits@rcsdk12.og would be good documentation.
- What accommodations for childcare are available? If EFMLA leave continue past 12/31/20, that would be available. Otherwise, the District would recommend an unpaid leave.
- Who should file for an accommodation? Anyone who cannot return to in-person due to a current medical condition.
- When will we hear about our ADA accommodation request? Benefits has received a large number of requests and are working through as quickly as they can. If there is missing information, Benefits may reach out to you. You can also email to Benefits@rcsdk12.org.
- How do I apply for an accommodation? Completing the survey did not equate to applying for an accommodation. The ADA accommodation form is on the RTA website <www.rochesterteachers.com> under “Forms”.
- If my ADA accommodation is denied, what are my options? One option could be seeking a medical leave of absence. Or your doctor can change the documentation to allow you to return.
Leaves of Absence
- What is a medical leave of absence? It is an unpaid leave requiring medical documentation.
- An unpaid leave of absence is available generally for: family obligations (such as having no childcare), education and other personal reasons.
- Parental leave of absence is another type of unpaid leave this is available to parents who require a return at the beginning of the third semester after the birth of the child.
- There are also sabbatical and exchange teacher leaves which require separate application. Sabbaticals were already granted last April for the 2020-21 school year.
- All leaves expire at either the end of the semester or the end of the school year.